Putting the ‘Con’ in Condo

by Alex Stenback on February 8, 2007

Condo_deal_gone_bad_1
Last night, Fox 9 news ran a story that should serve as (yet another) cautionary tale for those considering to-good-to-be-true real estate deals.

The full report is online, with video over at FOX 9 News.  It is both highly entertaining (stolen toilet paper and a myspace angle) and deeply disturbing (convicted identity thieves hired as loan officers), but definitely worth a couple of minutes.

Of course, you only need to read one quote from the duped victim to know this was a deal destined to end badly:

"I met a realtor out partying,” Falk said. “She goes, ‘There’s a deal I got if you’re interested’.”

It’s just that easy folks…Meet a realtor with a sweet deal out partying, and the world is yours on a silver platter.
· Condo Deal Gone Bad [myfoxtwincities.com]

Andrew G February 8, 2007 at 12:01 pm

I just found this. They must be doing a follow up to last nights story.

Here is the link.
Real Estate Fraud
8&version=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.1.1

Editor February 8, 2007 at 12:16 pm

Looks like just a tease – I thought for a second they already had the story up.

Nice find.

Duane February 8, 2007 at 7:06 pm

Anyone looking for a realtor or mortgage guy, Alex and I will be at Myth Sat night! haha

I loved the guy in his Jaguar taking off.

Derrik Dyka February 12, 2007 at 9:06 am

ive tried lots of incentive ideas… how about 1 year supply of red bull and vodka with condo purchase.

Derrik Dyka February 12, 2007 at 9:08 am

but really, just what the real estate market needs, more bad press on the condo market and dangers of buying thereof.

ive got a few success stories if anyone is interested in that.

Chris Lengquist February 13, 2007 at 7:22 pm

Ah, oh. I’ve been known to put deals together while sitting in Tanners down here in Kansas City. But so far, so good. No News specials on me yet!